Supporting People who Support People
When we say people are at the heart of everything we do, we mean the people we support, and the people who support.
We know our staff are committed to giving their best every day, which is why we are committed to giving them a package of benefits that make it that bit easier to be their best. We’ve worked with our staff to offer a range of meaningful benefits that includes:
- The Blue Light Card scheme, gives you online and in-store discounts at a wide range of well-known High Street brands and retailers as well as many local independent businesses. Our staff are eligible for the scheme, and Affinity Trust will reimburse your registration fee after three months of working with us
- We are a flexible pay employer, which means you will have access to the Wagestream app. Wagestream gives you greater visibility and control of your pay. You can use it to access some of your accumulated pay when you need it. It can also help build your financial wellbeing, support you to save and save you money on your supermarket shop.
- The Cycle to Work scheme helps you spread the cost of purchasing a new bicycle or accessories
- We will make sure you continue to grow with us, with excellent learning and development opportunities including the opportunity to do Lead Practitioner in Adult Care Level 4 and Leader in Adult Care Level 5
- We offer support with all kinds of unexpected events including family, financial and medical through our confidential 24-hour Employee Assistance programme. You can even get legal advice or counselling. It’s free and confidential.
- Our online wellbeing centre includes exercise videos, nutrition tips, impartial financial advice and more
- We celebrate our employees with our reward and recognition schemes, including gift vouchers and long-service awards
As well as these benefits, you will also receive:
- A paid-for Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- 28 days paid holiday per year (including bank holidays), increasing to 33 days with length of service
- Support Workers receive an enhanced overtime rate of 15% on hours worked over 37.5 per week
- Access to our pension scheme – with employer and employee contributions
- Life assurance